Brazilian Jiu Jistu Move of the Month | November
Hip Bump Sweep from Closed Guard
This month’s video is brought to you by Coach Drew and Coach Luke as they go over the Hip Bump Sweep from Closed Guard. This sweep is useful when you are in closed guard and want to transition to mount.
Follow these steps to learn the sweep:
1) Start with your feet locked around your opponent.
2) Take your hands to the inside of your opponent’s hands and force them to the floor.
3) From there, come up on your elbow and then your hand.
4) Bring your free arm over your opponent’s opposite shoulder.
5) Open your legs.
6) Trap your opponent’s arm underneath your
7) Drive your hips to finish the sweep.
Our videos are great if you want to learn how to train while off the mat. Do you live in the West Los Angeles or Santa Monica areas? If you do, come check out our gym by scheduling a free trial class online or by calling (310)478-5425.