About Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
It takes more than just training in a cage. It takes top level BJJ & top level Muay Thai to succeed. And that’s our specialty.
What Is MMA?
Mixed Martial Arts began in the United States with the UFC. It pitted all martial arts against each other to see which ones really could claim to be the “best” Martial Art. Almost all Martial Arts claimed to be the “best,” but when put to the test, the Gracie family from Brazil, with their own version of Judo called “Brazilian Jiu Jitsu,” dominated the tournaments. As the sport grew, it became clear that the best form of fighting was mixture of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (which should include all forms of wrestling) and Muay Thai Boxing. Today, all the top fighters in the UFC train Muay Thai and BJJ and the combination of those two arts has come to be considered a new art, MMA.
Why Train MMA?
It has been proven time and again that MMA is the best form of self-defense. If the combination of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai work against a trained opponent, imagine how effective those arts are against an untrained attacker on the street. In addition, MMA is a phenomenal workout and provides a myriad of benefits. We have many members from Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Century City and more who come to our gym to train MMA because they are interested in self-defense, getting in great shape and/or competing one day. And there is no better way to blow off steam! We offer an exciting and safe environment for training Mixed Martial Arts.
What Separates Robot’s MMA Program?
Far too many schools teach “MMA,” but not the arts that make up MMA. This works up to a certain level. But to excel at Mixed Martial Arts, it’s important to excel at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (including wresting) and Muay Thai. Robot has the best Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu programs in West Los Angeles with a strong focus on wrestling. Our MMA fighters also compete in BJJ and Muay Thai at high levels. We build real MMA fighters, masters of all the elements of MMA. There is no shortcut to MMA, so don’t be tricked by programs that offer you a path to MMA without learning Muay Thai and BJJ!
- We are a real MMA gym – we did not convert from Tae Kwon Do or Kung Fu – we’ve always taught Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Muay Thai (the tenants of MMA)
- Our Instructors. Our instructors are champion Muay Thai & Jiu Jitsu instructors. You will learn the foundations of MMA – not a watered down version of the elements.
- Our Facility. It’s the biggest and best MMA facility in Los Angeles & Santa Monica- full strength & conditioning area, showers, parking, huge mat space and more.
- Our Students. Our students are awesome. No big egos, down to earth, strong sense of community.
- Our Schedule. We have the widest selection of Muay Thai, BJJ & MMA classes- choose from morning classes, afternoon classes and/or evening classes.
- Our Policies. No tricky gimmicky salesy gym. Check out our Truth In Pricing here.
Life Is Now. Get Up, Get Out, And Get Something!
Robot’s Truth In Pricing!
- Watch out for other MMA gyms in Santa Monica and West Los Angeles offering a 30 Day “Free Trial” and using tricky pricing tactics.
- We don’t trick our customers into paying more with “down payments”
- We don’t trick our customers into paying more with “initiation fees”
- We don’t trick our customers into paying more with “belt fees” and other hidden costs.
- Many gyms won’t disclose their prices until you come in (so they can hard sell you). You can see our prices right here.
Want To Get Started With MMA?
1) Never Done Strength & Conditioning Before?
- Come try a Free Class RobotFit Class and see what we are about!
- We have 2 Month Intro To RobotFit (Strength & Conditioning) Program designed for total beginners.
- Only 2 month commitment for beginners.
- You will get in shape and learn real Strength & Conditioning technique.
- Summer Special- only $147 for both months of Intro To RobotFit!! (Save $152)
2) Have Some Strength & Conditioning Experience?
- Come try any RobotFit class you like and see who we are!
- We have an extensive Fitness schedule (morning and night classes)
- We have passionate instructors who keep up with their S&C education.
- We have a great community of students and an awesome facility!
- No strong arm sales, no belt fees, no down payments, no initiation fees.