Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Move of the Month | August
Ever wondered how to set up the armbar from closed guard? Coach Luke and Coach Andrew from Robot Fight and Fitness explain how to perform an armbar from the closed guard in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. No secret techniques here!
Follow these steps to learn the armbar:
1) Grip the wrist of the arm you want to attack with your same side arm.
2) Use your opposite arm to swim under your opponent’s free arm and grab on to his/her tricep.
3) Move their arm over the center line of your body.
4) Position your foot onto your opponent’s hip and press into their body.
5) Press and rotate your body to the side, clamping down high on their back with your free leg.
6) Bring your first leg around your opponent’s head, pressing his/her face away.
7) Pinch your knees together as your pull down your opponent’s arm and raise your hips.
8) Get the tap.
And that’s the move of the month! Subscribe to our Youtube channel to keep up to date on all new uploads!